History of South Bradford Golf Club
South Bradford Golf Club was established in 1906 when a group of enthusiasts decided to lay out two golf holes at Braille Wells Fields in the Little Horton area of Bradford. Originally named the Little Horton Golf Course progress was swift as another two holes were soon added and the group then decided to establish a formal Golf Club.
A suitable site was identified in the Odsal area, the land was rented for the princely sum of £25 per year and seven holes were laid out. The “South Bradford Golf Club” was officially adopted in 1913.
The course is laid out on a hillside creating a challenge for any golfer (and a reasonable degree of fitness to complete eighteen holes). When played from the Men’s Medal Tees the course measures 6,076 yards (5,556 metres) making it one of the longest 9 hole courses in the area.
The Ladies course has a different set of tees for the first and second nine holes, giving the course a different aspect the second time around. Par for the course is 70 for Men and 71 Ladies.
In 2006 South Bradford Golf Club celebrated its centenary year and lots of events were organised.